Monday, February 7, 2011

Didn't Forget

Hey my fiber and fabric friends! I didn't forget about blogging. I happen to be involved in a project at work and I also had to complete an online course. Now that that's done, I can play with my fiber and fabric!

Short and sweet. Updates on what I have done and continue to work on. I completed my AKA runner for my friend in Texas. Just have to weave in a few ends.

IMG_1505

OWL project for the HPKCHC, Ravelry group, is still chugging along. The body of the sweater is coming along. I should be at a minimum at 50% completion by "mid-term", the end of February.

IMG_1519

On the Loom is a new project. I am using 3/2 pearl cotton, 10 dent rigid heddle to make dish towels. I am trying a textured pattern using a "pick -up" stick. So far, I like the look, but I do wish the fabric I am getting would be a little more dense. Next time I'll try a 12 dent heddle and see what I get.

IMG_1521 IMG_1522

Quilting brings a "rug mug" swap that I am participating in. I have two almost done, just have to quilt them and sew the binding. I will complete those tomorrow and get them in the mail later this week. The due date is 2/14/11. No pic though, you never know who maybe watching. After all, I don't want my swap partner to see what she is getting.

Spinning, not so much. My Corriedale is still on the wheel. I will give my wheel some love this week. Lil Gem is feeling a bit lonely.

Until next time.............

No comments:

Post a Comment