Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sunny Saturday

Just want to say, I am glad it's the weekend. It was a very busy work week for me. Nuf said about work. The weekend is here and it's all about me and what I want to do. Yay!

To start my day off, I went to Lowe's, bought mulch, weeded the flower beds, spread the mulch and edged the grass by 8 a.m. Took the dog to the groomer which gave me some uninterrupted time to knit. By the way, none of this took place before I had my morning cup of coffee!

Now, about this knitting with handspun yarn....why didn't someone inform me of howe wonderful it was. This is my firt time knitting with handspun yarn and YEAH, it was yarn that I spun myself. How cool is that? Pics of my yarn and shawl in progress.."Lazy Daisy Shawlette" by OrangeFlower.

1st Handspun Project 100_0865

Spinning, not so much this week. I have 4lbs of processed "Correidale" fleece to spin. My plan is to spin 1 oz at a time and put on bobbins for storage. I'll test my plan to see if that works! :-)

PinDrafted Corriedale

But firt, I have to complete spinning the batts that were processed, drum carded, and dyed with koolaid by me. It was my fist dyeing experience. Sorta messy but I was satisfied with the results.

1st Koolaid Dyed Corriedale

Quilting, what can I say about quilting? Well, I just ordered two (2) BOM's from Stitchin' Heaven" in TX that will start the end of the year. The BOM patterns are Baltimore Christmas and Texas Our Texas '10. Did I mention, I love hand applique?

Moving on, I finished a small Basket quilt top since my last post. I hope to get it quilted soon. I have another small quilt that I am going to start. More about that at another time.

Basket Top

Until I write again, next week I hope, Bye.

1 comment:

  1. The fiber looks great and so does the quilting!! Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete