Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quilting, Not So Much


Wearing multiple hats this week, I have been working longer than normal hours.  So, hence not so much quilting this past week. Well this is what I have accomplished this week.

My progress on "Boxy Stars" is coming along. I got this pattern from Bonnie Hunter's (BH) website. It is listed here under the free patterns tab. I am adding the sashing and corner stones. I have even sewn a few completed rows together. My focus this weekend is on completing this top! I am soooo close, it should not difficult to do.





 My goal for this weekend is to load my "String Geese" quilt top. I made this top using men's shirts purchased from Goodwill.  This pattern can also be found on BH's website. It is made using long strips.  A nice, simple no brainer top.


I am continuing to work on my hexies, one more to add to my stack. Just so you know, I haven't had the energy to do any stitching while waiting for the light. Not even to work on them at lunchtime. I have been working through lunch or at a meeting the entire week.

My previous post about the charity quilt that came home with me in February for me to complete....well
I received a phone call thanking me for my participation. I was told that they like to personally thank each person that sends in a quilt. I was also given a website to see where my quilt went. I was a little surprised that I was called.

Last but not least, I am continuing to cut my 1 1/2" squares for the swap. I am about halfway there!

I hope everyone enjoys this special weekend, however you may celebrate it!!!

Until next time.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi A.J., I was listening to this episode on my way home from work and just had to comment. My daughter just finished cosmetology school, just took her licensing exams and started her new job last week - as an "assistant" in the apprentice program at her new salon. Sounds exactly like your daughter! Best of luck to her - I hope she enjoys it as much as my daughter is!

    ReplyDelete