Friday, January 3, 2014

Two Words For 2014

TQP#32

It was a "Happy New Year" !! Celtic Solstice Reveal

I have aversions to certain blocks, 50/40 flight block was one of them. I love the results this block gives. There is just one problem, the block has sooooo many pieces. If it wasn't for this mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter, I probably would have never attempted it. As you can see from the pic below, my excitement to get one of each block assembled was not quite what it should have been. Take a close look at the assembly of the bottom right block. You may say, I don't see a problem. There is a problem....those orange triangles should be white! Needless to say, I had another love affair with my seam ripper.


New Year's Eve Finish: Rail Fence for my sister (hand sewn vs machine stitched binding). The binding decision for this quilt was  machine stitched as you may have guessed. I just love Batiks....


My two words for 2014 are: Finish: WIP-knitting, quilt top and Organize: quilting, work, home life. At some point during the month of January I will make a list of what I need to focus on finishing. Now, just so you know, I may or may not share that list. A girl gotta have some secrets!

I have recently started catching up on Podcasts that have not listened to over the last few month, late summer to be exact. My most recent catch up was Nonnie's of Nonnie's Quilting Dreams. Here is  Nonnie's Blog. While playing catchup, I discovered a *New Podcast, new to me anyway: Blessed2Quilt. I do follow here on Twitter. Her podcast made me laugh out loud. It's how she phrases some of her comments!  BTW, she hasn't blogged or had a recent podcast upload, however, very worthwhile to read and listen to what she has published!

Can't get enough of the mystery quilt. Another rant about Celtic Solstice: BH Mystery Quilt. This time Daisy of "Very Lazy Daisy" podcast came to mind.  Her podcast episodes are here: Lazy Daisy Quilts. On one of her podcasts, she kept talking about Bonnie Hunter too. Boxy Stars is my leader/ender project for Celtic Solstice. It just seems her, BH, name comes up a lot! The pattern can be found here: BH Quiltville

Baby it's cold outside. Yes, even here in GA. With cold weather come warm crafts...knitting. I am currently knitting this project for my youngest. The pattern link: Hooded Tweed Cowl I wish I was a fast knitter. She would have this to wear during the snowy forcast for the DC area.

I am sending well wishes to all those affected by the cold, snowy weather. I can sypathize with you. I have lived through the pain. I can say, if I am ever in a weather related power outage I will still be able to sew. Between my hand crank and treadle vintage Singer, quilting would continue. A pic of my treadle.



#NYSI,  there was lots of Tweeting was going on! Need I say more? By the evening, I had succumbed to 2 glasses of "wine".

A few suggestions for 2014:
    Podcasters book club (Google Hangout for discussion)
    Row/Round Robin
    Seasonal fabric post cards

Until next time.......











2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a postcard swap, I missed the last one, too. My own fault, I could have done it, just opted not to that time.
    I like the new format and how often you've been recording with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for commenting. I think one, a swap, may be on the horizon. Stay tuned!

      Delete