Monday, September 13, 2010

Not Much Going On

Didn't post on Saturday, 9/11. Just an entry to update those who follow. My work week was only three days, however, it felt longer than that I must say. I did get some of my "garage" knitting done. Garage knitting you may ask? I get about 20-30 minutes of knitting in while sitting in my car. I arrive at work, usually an hour before I need to be there. This is my early morning quiet time before my day begins. I am continuing to knit on "my secret" projects. I only have one more to go until I am finished.

Spinning: I haven't done any spinning this week. I still have to spin to complete yarn needed for my crochet border on my shawl. Maybe my spinning mojo will return soon.

Quilting: Ahh, quilting? Well, I am putting borders on a top in which I used a Moda jelly roll fabrics to piece. The border is solid and pieced. Photo of WIP to come. I am practicing my free motion quilting on small quilt sandwiches. Trying not to pull out the Handi Quilter. It takes time to set the system up. Since I don't have a dedicated room for it to remain up, it's not beneficial to me to set it up. So therefore, I am trying to become comfortable with free motion quilting. My projects are usually not bigger than lap size, especially know.

I did catch the latest episode of "The Quilted Cupcake" and hope to join her in her endeavors with her charity efforts. I have to post to her blog about my plans to participate.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment