Saturday, January 18, 2014

It Wasn't Me!!!


Let me preface by writing that SandyQuiltz over here can be the blame for starting this "whole" thing. It wasn't me and I am sticking to it!! The disappearing pinwheel was her baby. The video can be found here on YouTube.
We will be working on this block over the MLKSI weekend. Sandy has also started a Flickr Group to share pics. Go to her blog, QFTROUS, for the Disappearing Pinwheel group link. Below were the fabrics I was thinking about. 








I subsequently went with the layer cake. I will have more variety of colors.



Celtic Solstic Progress: 

One more border to add. Here is the pic of the most recent purchase for border, backing and binding. I will more than like piece the back using the green border fabrice with the orange stripe fabric. The lighter orange print is in the body of the quilt and will be used as the binding fabric. I am going to use 2.25" vs 2.5" strips for binding. I hope to get it loaded on "Lady G" this weekend!



 
Tanesha, over at Crafty Garden Mom, most recent podcast discussed Art Journals. I tried my hand at art journalling. Teesha Moore has a YouTube Channel. She sparked my interest and her site can be found here. Although not complete, this was the extent of my efforts.


 

My Va Beach trip will consist of hand work. I don't want to take the chane of having my featherweight having to be checked or worse, confiscated! So hexies and knitting will be my take along. At least in Va Beach it will be a little colder. Makes knitting feel more comfortable.

Last but not least, I will be hosting a small giive away this weekend! Two lucky winners will receive two fat quarters each from my stash. All you have to do is make a comment on this post by MN on 20 January 2014. The random number generator will be used to pick winner. The two lucky people annouced on Tuesday. When I decide what, I'll update the blog with a pic and send out a Tweet.

Whew, done at 2:23 p.m. NOW I can finally start sewing!!!!!

Until next time........
 
UPDATE: Give Away fabric from my stash!
 


GOOD Luck!!
 


7 comments:

  1. Love your art journaling! I hope you have a great trip to Va Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting a disappearing four patch today for a baby quilt. Have you seen that pattern? Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the Disappearing Pinwheels quilt but I can't start a new project now because I am working hard to finish a Judy Niemeyer Glacier Star quilt that I hope to put in my guild's show in May. But I did save the video and I already have a layer cake of fabric by Pat Sloan that I plan on using when I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a legal theory called the Joint Tortfeasor doctrine. I maintain that you and Sandy are joint tortfeasors in the best possible way!

    I will be interested in seeing how your Kansas Troubles comes out. Did you have to pull out some of the lighter squares?

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see the different ways to layout the disappearing pinwheels? I was not really inspired by the block before - but now I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layer cake!!!! I listened to your podcast and I would say you really do well at art journaling though you mentioned you weren't very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm a new listener. I'm listening while sewing my City Sampler quilt blocks. Your art journals are beautiful! I wasn't familiar with the disappearing pinwheel. I love the churn dash version. Can't wait to see yours! ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete