Sunday, May 22, 2011

Framing Border-What Color??

Almost complete with the main portion of my quilt. With soooooo many colors, I can't decide on what color to frame it in. My initial thought is to add a 3" frame to the quilt using the same purple as the "center cathedral window". I have decide to do a 5" piano key border using the same color family. Any thoughts? Anyone?????


Batik Not Quite 10 minute Block Quilt


I have been listening to a few of my fav quilting podcasts and have become curious about modern quilting. The quilts that have have seen have been simple, free form and gorgeous in design. With that said, I have joined the "NOVA Modern Quilt" guild in my area. I still am not sure if it a virtual guild or if they have regular meetings. Today they were scheduled to meet locally at a guild members home not too far from me. Bummer, I wasn't able to attend during that particular time frame. I am looking forward to making a quilt totally different then my long time quilty style. You see, I like country type quilts. This is going to be a challenge for me!! Keep your eyes on my blog for my progress.

Below is a recipe for my first attempt at a modern quilt:

Recipe for a Modern Quilt

Until next time................

2 comments:

  1. Your batik quilt is really pretty! You..knit, quilt and spin....me too! I'm really glad to find your blogs...maybe stop by "my place"

    http://rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only worked with batiks once and was so afraid of it. However the color choices in this quilt is beautiful. Makes me want to give it a try again.

    ReplyDelete