Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last Button Sewn On!!!!

Dear Blog,

I am writing to update my knitting and quilting progress. I bought a new book from Amazon. The name is Scandinavian Stitches. I purchased after hearing a review on "Within A Quarter Inch". It has a lot of projects that I want to do. I sorta like the country/vintage look. Here is a pic of the book.

Small Quilty Projects

I have FINALLY finished my very first cardigan in which buttons and button holes were necessary! Yay for me. It's not the best, but it's finished. I am not so sure garter stitch is the best stitch for me when knitting a cardigan/sweater. I have discovered that my stitches are very loose and uneven when knitting in garter stitch. Can you or someone tell me how I can correct that? Is there a pattern that doesn't include a lot of garter stitch? I am all for garter on edges and borders. Well anyway, here is a pic of my FLS.

IMG_1632

On the quilty front. I am working on Mug Rugs for some co-workers. I am deciding on what "instant" gratification projects that I can do to get my quilting mojo back. Here's a pic of the current mug rug. It's a very simple pattern. For quilting, I have used one of the embroidery stitches available on my machine.

Mug Rug Mug Rug Backing

Until next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment